Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hiking the Y

One day we decided to take the kiddos to hike the Y.  The hike is only 2.4 miles round trip, but add in the 1100 ft gain in elevation and it provides a pretty good workout.
The kids were very ambitious and took off running from the beginning.  That lasted for about the first two switchbacks out of twelve.  Mason's excitement to see the Y motivated him all the way to the top, but Brynn required a little cheerleading and at the very end a ride in Daddy's arms. Miles just kicked in excitement the whole way up. 
 
 We all loved the view of utah valley and had fun spotting landmarks like the temple, BYU football stadium, and 7 peaks along the way.

                                     Our little Wild Kratts enjoyed identifying all the creatures we crossed paths with.
                                                                                     At last we made it!
 Hiking down the steep trail proved to be almost as difficult as hiking up. But Mason taught us all to walk like this to keep our balance.

I love living where we are just minutes away from endless nature adventures.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

What a fun family activity!! And congrats to Mason on graduating from Preschool. Mrs. Young sounds like such a wonderful teacher. Love you all lots!

Stacie said...

I feel I can relate a bit since I took Sunnie to Zion's...definitely some prodding and encouragement going on. I am proud of you for packing Miles! Haven't been to the Y in years...brings back some fun memories, especially with you, Siebach and Tiff!

Becky and Jeff said...

I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!!!