Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wild Wild Wild Kratts

 For Brynn's 3rd Birthday she asked for a Wild Kratts birthday. For those of you who aren't familiar with Wild Kratts, it is a show on PBS about animals that Brynn and Mason are currently obsessed with. What can I say, my kids love animals.  If you don't know anything about the show then Brynn's party won't seem nearly as cool as it was.
The Cake. All she wanted was the real pictures on her cake.
 Brynn's only requests for the party were that I make creature power suits and that her best friend Lydia come. That may seem simple enough, but our wonderful friends and neighbors, the Ferrins, moved to Logan last month.  So I had the idea to go to Hoagle Zoo for Brynn's party and invite the Ferrins to join us. It was perfect because Brynn is my child that loves to go places and we hadn't been to the new Rocky Shores exhibit yet. It was also very fitting because Tanner and Lydia were the ones that introduced Brynn and Mason to Wild Kratts and share their excitement for it. So thanks to pinterest I whipped up these creature power suits and creature power discs for each of the kids and they ran around the zoo playing wild kratts and activating their creature powers as we saw the animals. It couldn't have been any more perfect.
Mason, Tanner, Lydia, and Brynn

The Wild Kratts themselves.
These girls are so cute together. We really miss Lydia.



Family picture by the Orangatan, one of the kids' favorite animals from the show.
 We loved the Rocky Shores exhibit. It was by far the kids' favorite part.

Brynn loves the carasal and was beaming the whole time she was on it.

Tessa, Camille, Me, and Miles
It was so wonderful spending time with the Ferrins. We have missed them more than words can tell. I swear our families were meant for each other. Camille is such an amazing person and I miss having her a part of my daily life. I couldn't have picked two better friends for my kids than Tanner and Lydia. People in our ward could hardly keep our kids straight because they are so much alike, both in physical appearance and personality. Having them live a few houses away was just too perfect and now there is a big hole in our life. Good thing Logan isn't too far away.

That night we finished off Brynn's birthday celebration with a family BBQ. It was a day filled with friends and a fun outing, the things Brynn loves the most. 
Happy Birthday to our Brynnie Bug!

1 comment:

The Kynastons said...

Okay, I've never seen Wild Kratts, but I am still super impressed with what you did! Just the fact that you made those vests is incredible to me! You are the best at planning your kids birthdays, they are so lucky.

A big happy birthday to Brynn!