Scott and I have joked
throughout our marriage that I should be the breadwinner and pursue my career
and Scott could be a stay at home dad. It's always been a joke, but when life
recently gave us a push in that direction, we decided to give it a try...for a
few months, anyway. So I went full time at work and Scott became a full time
stay at home dad. It was a shock to our entire family in the beginning, but
thanks to our amazing Daddy-o and his great attitude, I can honestly say life
has never been better in the Murray household. Scott has completely shown me
up with his cooking, cleaning, organizing, and overall ability of running a
household. He has even managed grocery shopping with all three kids in
tow. While I have never, ever, claimed to be a stellar homemaker, I have always
considered myself to be a decent Mom, but he has even outdone me in that
department. Scott has fully embraced his role as Dad and my activities now pale
in comparison with the fun things he and the kiddos have been doing.
Fortunately, my night shift schedule allows us to spend a lot of our days
together as a family. This has allowed us to have the most amazing spring and
summer, filled with many family adventures. These last few months could have
been, and probably should have been challenging for our family, but because of
Scott, and all of his hard work, they have turned out to be some of the best times
our little family has ever had. I think I can speak for both Scott and I in
saying we are looking forward to getting back to our usual roles
come August when he will start BYU's MBA program. However, a lot of good has come
from this temporary shake up. So Happy Father's Day to our full time Daddy! We
love you!!
2 comments:
nice farmers tan! :) Happy fathers day! glad you guys can make good out of a tough situation.
That is awesome! Dennen was able to stay home for a bit before PA school, and it was SO nice. It definitely gives them a taste of what it's like... Sounds like Scott is rockin' it as a "house husband"! Dennen outdoes me with cooking ALL the time too.
Post a Comment