Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Easter was a lot of fun this year. It felt like our first real Easter because it was the first year Mason was old enough to really be excited about decorating eggs and egg hunts. Brynn fed off his excitement and loved shaking her eggs. One day I'll learn how to do a cute collage of my favorite pictures, but until then bare with me posting them all individually.
Murray Easter Egg Hunt: My mother-in-law had the great idea to put dimes in the eggs instead of candy. Each person got 10 eggs and after the hunt we loaded in the cars and went to the dollar store for everyone to cash in their dimes for a toy. Mason got a stuffed snake that he loves. Thanks Grandma Linda.
Nu Skin Egg Hunt: Bad weather forced the hunt inside. Limited spaced turned the usual free for all into standing in line picking eggs out of a basket. Mason didn't mind at all because he could pick exactly which eggs he wanted and he didn't have to compete with other kids.
Decorating Eggs: Mason was so excited to decorate eggs and was anticipating it for days. He wanted to make Monster eggs. He is at an age where once we start doing something he is more interested in the finished product than the process of making it. He wanted Scott to draw all the faces and then he would choose which color and help put it in the dye. He loved his eggs. Brynn sat in her seat and I gave her a couple eggs to shake and she couldn't have been happier. Easter morning: The Easter Bunny had visited and brought us a wagon. Mason enjoyed yet another egg hunt in our basement and Brynn got more eggs to shake. Wow, Egg hunt #3 and we still have one more to go.
Hale Easter Dinner: We had Easter dinner at my mom's house and it was delicious. I decided that I actually like Easter dinner food much better than Thanksgiving dinner food. The kids did yet another egg hunt, but we forgot our camera because honestly, how many pictures of them holding eggs do we need? But they had a lot of fun with their cousins.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Happy Easter! Impressive eggs that you decorated - wow! And how fun about the dimes. Good times. I'm a little bummed about our Easter dinner, but Brandon wasn't. I asked him what he wanted and he told me he didn't want ham/potatoes, but that he wanted bbq chicken pizza, so that was our Easter dinner. ha ha p.s. totally jealous of your wagon ... I guess I need to talk to your easter bunny and have them come to our house next year! :)

Becky and Jeff said...

I remember the one time my mom did that for us kids when I was little. Scott, those monster eggs are very impressive, nice job. Looks like you guys had a fun Easter weekend. Hopefully it stops snowing so you guys can enjoy your new wagon. Glad it doesn't get that cold here. Miss you guys

Becky and Jeff said...

Sorry, I didn't clarify the first sentence. The one time my mom put coins in the eggs and then took us to the store. Fun memories!