One of the hardest things for me when Brynn was born was going back to having a baby that couldn't just tell me what she needed. It's so hard when you are trying to interpret every cry and facial expression into what they need or want. Thankfully we have reached a point with Brynn that she is pretty effective in communicating her needs through using her "words" (sounds) to tell me what she needs. That doesn't mean my days are free of guessing what in the world my child wants. It is not uncommon for Mason to beg me to play some sort of game that I have never heard of and have certainly never played with him before. This is usually my creative husband's fault. You see, Scott loves to make up games to play with Mason when I'm at work. It's not until Mason brings it up days later that I ever know about it. I've learned as soon as Mason starts referring to something, and I'm completely lost, to pick up the phone and call Scott for an explanation of the game. One such game that has really stuck at our house is "Jazz Ball".
Anytime there is a Jazz game on, of course Scott wants to watch it. Scott being the awesome dad he is doesn't just sit and watch the game, but has invented a game called Jazz Ball that he and Mason can play together while watching basketball games. Jazz Ball basically consists of getting on their Jazz uniforms (yes, Scott's is several sizes too small. if you know anything about the Bandits then you understand) and play around on Mason's little hoop.
There is a lot of running, chasing, and laughing involved in Jazz ball, but the most important part of the game is every time you go in for a shot you have to say, "Jazz Ball, Jazz Ball", hence the name. Even Brynnie gets in on the action.
Jazz Ball is a silly thing we do around our house, but I have a feeling the game will evolve as Mason and Brynn get older and some version of it will always be around our house. I'm writing this now so one day when our kids ask us where we got the game Jazz Ball from we will remember this is exactly where it all started.
Oh, and one more thing....GO JAZZ!
Gotta love the playoffs.
Scott got to go to game 3 last night and loved it. How could he not with the Jazz stomping on Denver like they did?
1 comment:
Jazz Ball sounds awesome. You and Brynn need some matching uniforms, though. :)
So I can't believe how sick little Brynn was! I swear that girl has had to deal with too much sickness in her 10 months of life. That must've been miserable and scary for you...glad she is feeling a little better. If she's fully recovered this week maybe we could get together again.
Post a Comment