Monday, September 8, 2014

Ellie's Dress

Last September when I was planning Ellie's blessing and looking for the perfect blessing dress, I never could have imagined that a year later, almost to the day, I would be planning her funeral and picking out a dress for her to be buried in. Just like when I was looking for a blessing dress I was struggling to find a dress that was perfect enough for Ellie. Every dress I looked at, no matter how beautiful, just didn't look like her. After all, Ellie spent most of her life in her functional onesie/leg warmer combo she was known for. I had an idea of a dress in mind, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on such short notice. So, my sister-in-law, Kacie, yet another one of my amazingly talented and generous family members, offered to make exactly what I wanted. It turned out absolutely perfect. 


Every last detail was immaculately done and so beautiful.
Ellie's body looked so natural and beautiful in the dress. It was the perfect dress for her.
A huge thank you to Kacie for making the dress and Whitney for photographing it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so pretty Rachel. I bet your precious Ellie looked beautiful in it.

Lisa said...

Cannot imagine having to pick that out, but it is so beautiful. Simple, yet elegant. My heart breaks for the impossibly difficult moments you've had to endure, but I'm so glad you have so many loving people around you to help bear some of the burden. No surprise considering the kindnesses you've shown others.

Stacie said...

It is perfect. We'll done, Kacie. I loved seeing her blessing dress at the viewing. I remember how much it meant to you that your mom made it. It was so incredibly small. And precious. I love your family so much.

Ashli Miller said...

So beautiful

Becky and Jeff said...

It's absolutely perfect. So beautiful!