Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Siblings

I know I haven't been the best at documenting what we've been up to this summer, but trust me, we've been having a lot of fun. The highlight of my summer has definitely been watching these two kids become best friends. Brynn is Mason's little side kick and is always following his lead. I find myself turning to Mason for help when Brynn won't obey me because she'll do whatever he asks her to do. When she is hurt or sad she will often times turn first to Mason for comfort. A hug and kiss from Mason can fix anything.


Mason has become Brynn's protector. He is always looking out for her and trying to make her happy. If anything makes Brynn upset Mason instantly tries to remedy the situation. This can be helpful, like when Brynn is having a hard time going to sleep and Mason will go lay by her to help her settle down. It is not so helpful when he sneaks chips under the table to Brynn when we've told her she can't have any more until she eats the rest of her lunch, or when Brynn is crying for her binky and so Mason goes and gets it for her. It makes me so happy watching these two love each other and it makes me so excited to see them both love ANOTHER SIBLING just as much.

That's right, Mason and Brynn are going to have another sibling the beginning of next year. I am currently 16 weeks and this little one is due to arrive sometime around January 10th. We told Mason and Brynn a few weeks ago and Mason really wanted to keep it a secret. So we've been keeping it our little family secret that we whisper about when no one is around. My body is no longer keeping the secret very well, so we decided it was time to tell family and friends. My pregnancy has been just like Mason's in that it's been pretty easy and completely opposite of Brynn's when I was sick sick sick. Because of this I am 90% sure this little one is a boy. My biggest complaint has been my allergies which have been worse than ever this year and I was unable to take anything for them for the first 12 weeks. Now that I can pop a Zyrtec when I need one, I am much happier.

We are so grateful and excited for another addition to our family.

16 comments:

Stacie said...

Rachie poo!!!! Yahoo!!!

Whitney said...

YAY for more cousins! And you look great - seriously, you do. That's what happens when you start out stick thin ... it's much harder to hide! Lovies!

The Kynastons said...

NO WAY!!! I usually have a sixth sense for when people are pregnant before they announce it, but I had NO clue with you! Probably because I saw you like a week ago and you still are tiny as can be. Congratulations! I'm excited we'll have babies about the same age again and I can't wait to find out if your boy prediction is right!

Shel said...

Congrats Rach! And Congrats Mason too, I'm so glad that Mason liked that little bike as much as Benson did! Can't wait to find out what you're having, only a few more weeks. I'm glad that all of our kids will be around the same age, we will have to do playdates when we're in town. I know Benson is missing all of his awesome buddies like Mason!

Melissa said...

Yay! Congratulations! You guys make the cutest kids! Can't believe pretty soon you'll be a mama of 3!

Kim Lloyd said...

YAY!! Congrats!

Annalisa said...

Congrats you guys. We are so excited for you. We think that you should name him Ragnar, Triathlon, or Five-K (we can't believe you ran so much while being pregnant... good for you).

Natalie said...

So exciting!!! Congrats :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!! The picture of Brynn and Mason in Brynn's bed is sooo cute. I was my brother's side kick when I was little too. He called me "Quimb" (Quimby) from Inspector Gadget.

Ashli Miller said...

So exciting!

Melanie said...

Congrats again!! It was so fun seeing you the other day. I'm so excited for you guys. I love that Mason and Brynn are so cute together and just the best of buddies. That's how it should be! Well I hope the pregnancy treats ya well and I'm glad it's been smooth sailing so far! I can't wait for another play date with you guys.

The Merrills said...

I seriously had to read and reread the "another sibling" part over and over again until I finally got it. (I guess I could have saved lots of time and read the next line) YAAAAAAYYY!!! You make such cute kids, I can't wait to see the next one!!!!

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

Those are the sweetest little stories of how they love each other so much. Precious precious kids!!!!! Congrats on the new baby coming soon! We are so excited for u and hope to see u soon! We don't see enough of each other!

Blake and Laura said...

Yay! Congratulations, Rachel! So excited for you! Are you going to find out what you're having?

Andrea said...

Congrats- I missed the announcement at the Nursing Reunion...So excited for you and of course super excited that you didn't have horrible morning sickness. Excited for the next get-together. :)

Ali said...

Congrats! I had no idea, that is so exciting. I am glad you are feeling better sickness-wise this time around. Hopefully we can still get-to-gether soon, since the last time didn't work out so well.....maybe we should just do a girls night!