It feels like we've been elbow deep in poop around here. Both kids have had the runs for a good week, maybe more. Brynn has been pooping 8-10 times a day and her poor little bum is so sore no matter what I put on it. Mason has had a few surprises in his underwear when he thought it was just a toot. I don't know if they've got some sort of stomach bug or if it's just their love of yogurt to blame (50% of Brynn's diet consists of gogurts, no lie). Whatever the cause, today I found myself wanting to scream after changing my 6th poopy diaper in as many hours.
Then I remembered this gem of a card my sweet brother Brandon made me several years ago.

I was feeling down and discouraged by some things going on when this personally made card (using the Paint program) showed up. I'll keep the simple but very sweet note that was written on it for myself, but couldn't resist sharing this card that has brought me so much joy. This card was a turning point for me at that time and has reminded me many time since that it's up to me how I react to the trials I am given. Plus, it just makes me laugh everytime I see it. Did you see the "paint" on the artist's pallet?
So for anyone out there who might have had a Poopy Day, hope this put a smile on your face.
And Uncle Beetle we might just take your advice literally and whip up a special painting just for you, so keep checking the mailbox.
4 comments:
oh yuck!!!! but thanks anyways for the cheerful thoughts. hope it gets under control soon for you. brynn's poor little bum. maybe a time to let her run naked and then direct her to the potty as needed? yeah, in your dreams, i know! we had the vomit bug the other week. i got in the door of church, starting my whole "bonjour" and kisses thing and lyra puked everywhere. lovely!
I am never going to let my kids see this. They would try it. Currently Payton and Brooklyn pass this "poo pony" (worse than it sounds) back and forth depending on who has had the most recent impressive (super long or big) BM. They call each other into the bathroom (and of course I have to go too) just to check out their latest commode creation. I have really been trying to enforce the close-the-door-flush-and-wash-and-then-open-the-door policy, but that is so far down the priority list...
Anyway, Brandon is hilarious. Hope things turn a corner for you guys.
That is the greatest card I've ever seen. It most definitely put a smile on my face. Brandon should look into getting a job for Hallmark!
Man...sorry about all the crap you are dealing with (literally....hehe...oh my gosh that just brought back so many memories. I hope you know what I'm talking about.) Anyway! Huge amounts of poop are one of the parts of parenting I could do without. I hope your kiddos feel better quick!
Wow. I'm speechless. So proud of my husband. :) Just kidding! I'm glad you kept it and that he has been able to brighten your day with his odd sense of humor and paint program skills. he he he
Post a Comment