Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fools

Mother Nature played a cruel April Fools trick on us by giving us a taste of beautiful Spring weather for a few days and then overnight dropping the temperature 30 degrees accompanied by several inches of snow. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not laughing. We did, however, love every minute (pretty much 2 straight days) we spent out in the sun at the park and in our yard. I am still learning how to take care of a child with fair skin and learned that we have to where sunscreen to the park after poor Brynnie got fried on her arms and cheeks...mother of the year right here. On a completely different note, Mason really got into the April Fool's spirit this year. He got to wear his clothes backwards to preschool and tell a joke for show and tell. Mason and his little preschool buddies love to tell jokes that rarely make any sense to adults but bring down the house with a group of 4-year-old boys. We tried to prep Mason with an actual joke trying many different knock knock and why did the _____ cross the road classics, but he decided his material was much better and ending up sharing his own version that went like this: Why did the Rhino cross the road? Because an egg cracked on his head. They learned all about April Fools jokes and let's just say there were quite a few spiders crawling on our head that day. Have I mentioned how completely in love with Mason's preschool teacher I am? She is wonderful and I'm so happy with how much Mason and learned and developed over the past 7 months. I get comments from his Primary teachers all the time on how wonderful he is to have in class and they can tell what a wonderful preschool he goes to because he does so well with the structure of primary. Thanks Mrs. Young!

4 comments:

The Kynastons said...

Well Mason's joke made me laugh out loud when I read it. :) I have heard so many wonderful things about Hailey's mom's preschool...it makes me want to drive down to Orem to have Macie go there in a couple of years!

And sheesh, I am with you on the not laughing about the snow. What a cruel, cruel joke by mother nature. I'm SO done with this schizophrenic weather!

Mary and Ryan Dick family said...

I loved the poopy card...oh I laughed and laughed! We miss ya so much at volleyball :) Hope everything is going great:)

Steve, Jenna, Isla, Ivy and Weston said...

We had a cruel April fools joke in Mesa as well, but instead of getting snow we got 100 degree heat!!! I am not ready for that yet. According to the news the weather it is supposed to cool down again this week and it definitely feels cooler today thank goodness, but I have a feeling for us it's the beginning of the end of our happy winter:( all well, I guess we just need to get planning more trips back to Utah to escape it.

Shel said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there for jokes! Benson told one that sounds pretty similar to Mason's, thanks for reminding me to write it down, we had it all rehearsed, then when he got home I asked him to tell it to me and he told me a definite Benson version! I second the comments on Mrs. Young!