Did you know that Dr. Seuss wrote the book Green Eggs and Ham after his editor bet him that he couldn't write a book using 50 words or less. Green Eggs and Ham uses exactly 50 words, which are:
a, am, and, anywhere, are, be, boat, box, car, could, dark, do, eat, eggs, fox, goat, good, green, ham, here, house, I, if, in, let, like, may, me, mouse, not, on, or, rain, Sam, say, see, so, thank, that, the, them, there, they train, tree, try, will, with, would, you.
That is absolutely incredible to me.
Happy 107th Birthday to the wonderful Dr. Seuss who has fostered Mason's love for reading.
So tell me, what is your favorite children's book? I am looking for some new favorites to introduce to my kids.
3 comments:
Cutest idea ever!!! I may have to borrow this one some day! The kids look so excited to be eating their green omelette's...
How fun! I bet those omelettes taste better than they look. :) We just picked up some of my old favorites from my parents the other day and I think they make me happier than they do Sunnie.
You are such a cute mom! What a good idea. As for recommendations, I've resisted the urge to read any of the books I have for the baby so they'd be exciting for at least the first time I read them. :) But when I was little, I always loved the Little Critter books.
Post a Comment