A couple weeks ago Scott surprised me and took me to Sundance for their full moon lift ride. It was the perfect date. It was a crisp fall night, the air was filled with the smell of the mountains, our kids were at home sound asleep in bed with Scott's brother watching them, I was drinking hot chocolate with my best friend in the world coming up with escape routes from the lift should we suddenly fall under attack. We had fun talking about random things and reminicing about the last time we rode that lift together. It was six years ago when we rode it to the start of a hike that ended at the top of the back mountain where I was surprise with a candlelight dinner and a beautiful diamond ring on my finger. Needless to say, it's a special spot with a lot of really great memories. Thanks for the wonderful date, Scott. Now anyone who is reading this, go plan something fun and unexpected for your special someone, everyone loves a surprise.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Date Night
A couple weeks ago Scott surprised me and took me to Sundance for their full moon lift ride. It was the perfect date. It was a crisp fall night, the air was filled with the smell of the mountains, our kids were at home sound asleep in bed with Scott's brother watching them, I was drinking hot chocolate with my best friend in the world coming up with escape routes from the lift should we suddenly fall under attack. We had fun talking about random things and reminicing about the last time we rode that lift together. It was six years ago when we rode it to the start of a hike that ended at the top of the back mountain where I was surprise with a candlelight dinner and a beautiful diamond ring on my finger. Needless to say, it's a special spot with a lot of really great memories. Thanks for the wonderful date, Scott. Now anyone who is reading this, go plan something fun and unexpected for your special someone, everyone loves a surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so sweet. Sounds like a perfect date! I have to admit my first selfish thought reading this was that I should have Patrick read it to give him a hint. :) But then when I read your last line I realized that I guess I could be the one to plan a fun surprise for Patrick.
I meant to comment the other day on your previous post...such adorable pictures of your two little buddies. It kind of makes me wish Macie had an older brother to take her by the hand and play Mickey Mouse clubhouse with her. But I guess she will get to be the older sibling and do those things with a little brother or sister someday. So cute!
That sounds like such a fun date! I was proposed to at a ski resort as well (but it was winter).
What colors do you want me to make your kido's hats out of? 2 colors for each. Just let me know what you want to be the main color.
Post a Comment