Saturday, July 24, 2010

swim.bike.run

My best bud, Stacie, and I competed in the Stansbury Park Triathlon today and it was awesome! We competed in the Sprint Distance which is 1/2 mile swim, 20K (12.4 miles) bike, and 5K(3.1 miles) run. We had the goal to finish under 2 hours and not only did we make our goal, we SMASHED it. We both finished under 1 hour 30 minutes. My split times were Swim 13:45, Bike 41:10, and Run 26:05. With my transition times added in my overall time was 1:25:20 which was good enough to earn me 2nd place in my age division. Today reminded me how much I love triathlons and I have set a new goal to participate in one every year from now on, hopefully with Stacie.
A big thanks, once again, to my wonderful support team. Scott, who was willing to drag himself and our kids out of bed before 6 am to be there with me. Mason and Brynn for waving to me and cheering me on. Also my parents, who were supposed to be out of town but surprised me by showing up right before our race started. They couldn't resist coming since they practically had two daughters competing. And of course Austin, Stacie, and Sunnie for planning it all.

10 comments:

Whitney said...

You're amazing!! Sorry but I didn't even know about your race this weekend - I feel like if you keep this pace up, you should have a race every month, so keep me updated on which ones you sign up for. :)

p.s. Your family pictures are ADORABLE! Love the little faces that Shelley caught!

Stacie said...

You are so amazing. Especially your running! It was such a blast.

PS I totally laughed at the Charlie's Angels pic your dad sent, but THANK YOU for not posting it...:)

Melanie said...

Wow, you are amazing!! You go girl! I'm so impressed and inspired. I want to get in killer shape like that. :) Keep up the good work! Wanna run the Halloween Half marathon with me? (Or start the race together, and then you will kick my butt 1 mile in to it?). :)

The Kynastons said...

Um...WOW!!! You guys are incredible! I was thinking about my goal times for my tri this morning and I'm just hoping to come in under 2 hours and that's even with a shorter swim and bike than you had! You are seriously AMAZING!! Maybe someday we can do one together...you would have to be pregnant or have a broken ankle or something for me to keep up with you, though. :)

The Merrills said...

Alli told me that she saw you guys there and how you totally smoked her. Haha! She also said she was glad that my friends are around because they make her feel popular...haha. You guys rock!

Becky and Jeff said...

Awesome Rach!! That is really so cool and I totally wish I were more like you! Miss you guys so much!!!

Unknown said...

Woot woot! Good job and awesome time. The first tri I did it snowed ): not the most fun. Other tri's have been more enjoyable with better weather. Thanks again for the Prevacid!

Natalie said...

You girls rock...way to go!

Lisa said...

Not at all surprised, but still so impressed!! Congratulations!!!

The Bell Bunch said...

Rach - you are totally awesome! I can't believe all that you do! Love the family picts too. And still laughing about Dumb and Dummer! Anyway, so glad you have such a healthy hobby - I am jealous.

Karli