
As a mother I've learned that any phase, good or bad, that my children are going through doesn't last long. Sometimes it feels like the good phases are over in the blink of an eye and the bad ones stick around much longer than I would like. Either way, I never know how long I will get to enjoy (or endure) each phase. With that being said, right now I wish I had a pause button. I am 100% in love with life right now. One and three are very fun ages. Brynn is the happiest and most content she has ever been. She loves reading books, playing puppets, anything involving animals, and running around playing outside. Mason's imagination is in overdrive these days. All of his toys belong in families with a daddy, mommy, and little boy. He has hit the question stage and asks me "but, why?" approximately 50,000 times a day...give or take. Brynn and Mason are both sleeping and eating well which makes every other aspect of life more enjoyable. Sure, we have our fair share of tantrums from both of them, but I've accepted that it is going to be a very long time before our home is tantrum free, so I'm not going to sit around and wait for it. It's the perfect time of summer right now when we fill our days with bike rides, parks, swimming pools, our yard, and friends. The warm summer days are flying by and I just know those cold and bleak winter days are approaching too fast. Why do we live in Utah again? I need this summer to SLOW down or preferable just stop for awhile.









Speaking of my kids growing up fast, I took Mason and Brynn for their 3 year and 1 year checkups last week. They are both healthy and developing well.
Mason
Height: 39 1/4 inches (80%)
Weight: 33.5 pounds (63%)
Brynn
Height: 28 1/4 inches (24%)
Weight: 17 pounds 15 ounces (7%)
The doctor said normally they don't like to see weight percentiles below 10%, but he thinks Brynn looks really heathly and does not consider her underweight (have you seen the rolls on her thighs?), she is just a "feather weight" as he termed it. There is no doubt about it that she is our little one.
5 comments:
I remember when we had just a 3 year old and 1 year old. Those are some of my most favorite memories. I'm glad you're enjoying life so much:) Your kids are so adorable.
Cute pics, and cute kids!!! I agree... those are fun ages. (Well, I guess we haven't experienced the 3 year old phase yet, but I can imagine!). We love the summer too. I guess the crappy winters here just are a nice reminder that we all need to enjoy the summers a little more and not take them for granted. :) Let's get together and play soon!!
This post really was good for me to read right now! I love what you said about just accepting that tantrums are going to be a part of life for awhile...I really need to remember and accept that. Macie has really been throwing me for a loop lately with her fits and I find myself getting really frustrated about it. But you've inspired me (that sounds cheesy...but really.) to just not dwell on that and focus on everything that is so fun and amazing about this age. I know it's going to be over way before I'm ready for it to be.
I love all of the park pictures. Your kids are so adorable.
Great pictures. I wish we went to the pool on the same day together. :)
I have already pictured next summer being just as you are experiancing. What great ages! We are glad to see you're enjoying summer so much. It is so cute how Mason loved his "camping" trip with his Dad. It reminds me of sleeping in the backyard growing up. I love to hear what family is doing so thanks for the great posts! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment