Saturday, April 13, 2013

Toothless

"First" lost tooth April 4, 2013
A couple weeks ago Mason bit into his sandwich at lunch and complained that it made his tooth feel funny. Upon further investigation we discovered he had his first loose tooth. Although Mason has been missing one of his teeth for the last 5 years (not familiar with the Home Depot mishap? Read story here) he has been waiting for the day when he would "really" loose a tooth.  He wiggled and wiggled and wiggled that tooth every chance he got for the next few days.  It finally got to the point it was so loose and wobbly I couldn't stand it anymore.
 I thought it would be fun to try the classic tie a string to the doorknob and slam it trick. Scott standing back mumbling, "This is a horrible idea. I can't believe you are doing this." really helped calm Mason's nerves...not.  But turns out his tooth was a little too loose and would just bend over and the string would slip right off every time. So I just resorted to a good old washcloth to grab the tooth and yank it out.
 Mason is very proud of his lost tooth.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Eek! First lost tooth is a BIG deal! Way to go, Mason!