Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Just a Blur

I don't remember where I was or what I was doing that night, I just remember coming home late to find Scott and the kids with soccer socks tucked into their PJs playing flag football.
 I remember thinking how I wanted to remember this night and the happy shouts and laughter that filled our house. I wanted to capture Scott, the super dad, in action.
 I wanted to capture my boy's pure elation when it was his turn to catch the ball.
Unfortunately, like my memory, most of the pictures are just a blur.
I feel like life is flying by and I can hardly keep up with it.  At the end of the day this blog has taken a back seat to more important things in my life.  But as my memory continues to blur what is behind me I find so much joy in re-reading posts of everyday moments we've had over the years.  I'm recommitting right now to not let this crazy, hectic, but priceless part of our lives pass undocumented. I'm turning over a new leaf.  So blurry pictures or not, here come the posts!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

LOVE THIS!

Ashli Miller said...

I totally agree. I just had the past three years of my blog printed into a book, and I've decided I care much less about the quality of the pictures, or the quality of my writing, than I do about simply having the memories preserved. Life moves way too fast!

Lisa said...

What a precious memory! So glad you preserved it. :)