Thursday, March 8, 2012

Unplugged

Scott and I have gone three whole days without any cell phones and it has been surprisingly refreshing. It all started when Scott decided to sell his iphone and just get a basic phone. Within minutes of posting it on KSL, he was receiving nonstop texts and phone calls inquiring about it. Less than a half hour later he sold his iphone along with the old one I used as an itouch. When Mason saw the guy leave with our phones he was crushed we weren't going to have iphones anymore because he won't be able to play motorcross. I guess we didn't really take into consideration that it would affect him, too, and didn't give him fair warning. That, followed by some other steps along the way, has left us both without phones. We have our landline so our family can reach us, but other than that we have pretty much been off the map. Neither one of us has missed them at all. Mason on the other hand had a couple small meltdowns today that included, "but I don't have an iphone!" Kind of pathetic that our 4 year old is addicted to iphones. This is part of the reason we wanted to get rid of them, our kids are obsessed with the games on them. We will be getting our new phones in the next day or two and will be plugged back into the world, but until then, we are enjoying every second free of ringtones and text alerts.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I felt the same way for our 10 day vacation...I replied to one email. That's it. No blogging, facebooking, nothing. Loved every minute.

The Kynastons said...

That sounds so refreshing. I always tell myself I am going to not get on my phone and computer so much....but then I always do. Sometimes I think it would be good if my computer just broke so I HAD to take a break for awhile. :)

Melissa said...

Isn't it seriously crazy how dependent we become with technology. I feel the same way as you and we got rid of our iphones. It is refreshing. No more games. :) Definitely helps us enjoy each other and hangout the old fashioned way... so nice!