Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekend Getaway

We decided to excape the dreary, rainy weather last weekend and take a little getaway down to Zions with Scott's family. Even with a little wind, the 70-80 degree weather felt great! We stayed in a beautiful house at Zions Pondarosa Ranch as usual. Saturday morning I woke up and went for the most beautiful 10 mile run with deer, jack rabbits, and other wildlife. I didn't see a single person or car my entire run. I could get used to that! Later that day we went for a little hike. We're goin' green! No we didn't coordinate our outfits. Snack break for the 2 and 3 year olds. Karissa, Kaden, Keyana, Kayla, and Mason. Apparently we missed the memo about K names only. There were frogs and Mason loved them. Mason loves little creatures. The girls. The boys. The nursery leaders in our ward have told me that Mason is quite the stick collector on their little walks. I got to witness it first hand. He started out with one stick. Before long he was holding as many as his little hands could hold. We stopped and played in the giant sand box for awhile. Brynn loved mama's sunglasses and kept trying to put them on herself. Almost.
After a wonderful relaxing weekend we returned to SNOW!! Seriously? May 24th and the ground was covered with snow. Thank you Utah weather.
A real thank you to Scott's parents for inviting us for a fun weekend.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

I love how you just casually say, "I woke up and went for a 10 mile run." What the heck?! Seriously!? Who does that? Are you training for a race?

Becky and Jeff said...

really, 10 miles! That's awesome. I am so jealous of your little getaway with the fam. Sounds like it was really nice. Miss you guys!

Mary and Ryan Dick family said...

Thanks for allowing me to see your blog. You have a darling family!! It's fun to see what everyone is up to :) I hope you have a great summer and hey, Melissa and I like to play on volleyball leagues in the fall- if you are interested, let me know!!

The Kynastons said...

"Matchy matchy green squared!" Your pictures have got me itchin' to go hiking and camping now. Although a house at Pondarosa Ranch sounds much more tempting to me with Macie than a tent would. And good job on your 10 mile run!! That's so awesome. I'm sad it didn't work out for you to do the Ragnar with us because you would've been able to do it no problem. Maybe someday... :)

Bryan and Rebekah said...

Love Zions! Looks like y'all had fun:)