Monday, May 10, 2010

Sparkly White

Mason went to the dentist for the first time last week. Am I late taking him? Our family dentist and pediatrician said to start at 3, but now other people are telling me they take their kids to a pediatric dentist a lot younger. I guess I don't feel too bad because Mason got an A+ for great teeth. He amazed me with how good he was to sit in the chair, open his mouth really big, and let them clean his teeth. I was so proud of him. He acted so calm and cooperative but every muscle in his arms and legs were flexed the entire time showing how nervous he really was. He was excited to show the dentist where his tooth fell out. I was glad to hear that everything looks perfect in his mouth and he shouldn't have any residual damage from his accident. The dentist did ask if Mason had any trouble talking....uhh, definitely not...because apparently he is slightly tongue tied, meaning the cord underneath his tongue attaches too close to the tip of his tongue making it difficult to form certain sounds. He doesn't seem to be having a problem but we will most likely be getting that clipped before he starts preschool. The best part is both kids got new toothbrushes which renews their excitement for brushing their teeth. Mason likes to brush his own teeth, but it's often a battle for him to let us have our turn brushing them with the "spicy (minty) big boy toothpaste". But he always caves in the end when we tell him his teeth are yellow and we need to make them sparkly white. Brynn absolutely loves us to brush her teeth. Anytime we get Mason's toothbrush out Brynn goes crazy until it's her turn. And it's a good thing since she already has 8 teeth with 2 more ready to pop through any day now.

No comments: