I am a little slow in getting this post up. Mason started taking his first steps three weeks ago. At first it was just 3-4 steps at a time but now he can walk all the way across the room... if he wants. You see he is still not 100% convinced that walking is going to be better than crawling. If there is something he really wants he just drops to his knees and books it. He doesn't like it when we interupt his play by picking him up and trying to get him to walk for us. He uses the jelly leg defense until we give up and let him go back to playing. Sometimes when he's standing up he will just turn and start walking with a little wobbling but under pretty good control. With the weather hopefully getting warmer I hope he decides to adopt walking as his full-time mode of movement so he can get around better outside. Here is our best attempt at recording Mason walking which wasn't easy since he doesn't like showing off for the camera. Although I don't think it particularly highlights his walking I do think it shows a bit of his personality that pictures don't quite capture. Enjoy.
6 comments:
Cute! Now I feel like I've actually met Mason...sort of :) Next time Patrick and I are in town we'll definitely have to try to do dinner with the husbands and with your little guy.
So fun to have a walking baby. We can take Cora and him to the Park now. Let us know if he wants Mason's pictures taken. Hopefully the sun will come out :)
How exciting. He is so adorable Rachel!!
And I thought he was a crazy little guy at Christams! Look at him go! And look at you go...Scott told me about your Triathalon (I can't spell) in June. That is so neat! I am jealous. We'll miss you at Kayla's blessing but I will take lots of pictures. I can't wait to see you guys in May!
I imagine this may be what a drunk child looks like! Oh, just kidding, he's so dang cute!
Cute! By the way this is Laura Wilkes and no I'm not stocking you. I saw your name on someone else's blog and got excited! How are you doing? Loving being a nurse? Mason is getting big. I really only saw him when we was a couple months old. Hope you're doing well.
Laura
P.S.
Our blog is bnlwilkes.blogspot.com
Post a Comment