Another summer is officially in the record books and what an amazing summer it was. Spending the entire summer at home with all four of my kiddos was both wonderful and exhausting. We accomplished a lot of goals we set for the summer, but by far the thing that brought me the most satisfaction was watching our little family grow closer together and learn to lean on each other for support and friendship. This summer has held so many precious memories of my children loving and caring for one another. This year I am especially sad to see the lazy days of summer end because I am loosing not one but two kids to a full school day (8:30am -3:45pm). While I am completely heartbroken that half day kindergarten is not an option out here, I also know that Brynn is going to love going to school all day and will do great. I have been blown away by the caliber of our new elementary school and am very confident that my kids are going to do amazing things this year. We really couldn't have moved in at a better time since they just redid the school boundaries over the summer. The changes moved all of our development to a different school then they had previously been assigned to, which landed us in the school that was our top choice while house hunting, and made it so all of our neighbors were going to be the "new kids" right along side Mason and Brynn. Once again, it just confirms to me that we landed exactly where we are supposed to be.
Without further ado I introduce the two newest Rohwer Rockets!
Brynn the Kindergartener!
Mason the second grader!
Mason and Brynn are super excited to be riding a bus to school this year. The bus stop is right in front of our house which makes the whole situation ideal and is going to make my life so much easier. The first day I watched them get on the bus, waved good-bye, then, like a good helicopter mom, hopped in the car and followed the bus to school to make sure they made it to their classes okay.
At the end of school they had all of the students who ride the bus meet together and line up according to which bus they ride so they could make sure everyone got on the correct bus. This turned into a stressful situation when it became apparent that their bus lists were incomplete and they worked on sorting out which bus everyone was supposed to be on. Thank goodness I had drilled into Mason which bus he road so he was able to confidently tell the teachers where he needed to be. The kindergarteners were not at this gathering since their teacher walks them to the buses separately. When they told Mason's group to head out to the bus he admitted to getting 'a little teary' and telling the teacher, "I cannot find my little sister and I will not leave without her." So the sweet teacher took his hand and told him they would find his sister. She walked with him until they met up with the kindergarteners walking out. Once Mason saw Brynn he felt much better. When Mason told me this story my heart almost burst. I am so proud of what an amazing older brother he is. Then as a little icing on the cake I pulled out a paper they had done in school where they had to write things that made them feel different emotions. His answer to what makes him feel happy was, "seeing my sister at recess."
Miles spent the first few days walking around the house asking, "where are the kids?" every 10 minutes and still runs screaming to the door when they get home every day. It's going to take some getting used to not having his best buddies around. But something tells me it won't take him long to realize only having 2 kids at home has it's advantages, too.
The first week of school is behind us and we are well into our second week and everything has been smooth sailing. Both kids are loving school, making friends, and learning a lot. It is going to be a great year!!
3 comments:
SO glad you got all moved and settled. Bummer we were never able to meet up. And what a sweet story about Mason loving his sister so much!
I got teary reading about mason not leaving Brynn. Adorable. Weston cried yesterday when he was left behind too. But I have to admit that I had an awesome morning with just the 2 little ones. Glad you guys are settling in so well and that's awesome about the school boundary change.
Awesome! Mason is a great big brother. I am wondering how you and Brynn are liking her shorter hair? It's very cute.
Post a Comment