Six and a half years ago Scott and I bought our first home in Orem. It wasn't much to look at with its blue and yellow shutters and overgrown rose bushes and ivy, but we saw the potential in it and knew it was where we wanted to be. Over the years we have poured countless hours of work into making it the home we wanted for our family. I know it wasn't anything spectacular, but it was ours. This was the home where I rocked all my babies to sleep, where my kids took their first steps, where I spent my days at home with my kids before they were off to school. This house held what were undoubtedly the best years of my life.
But the time has come for us to move on to our next chapter.
We listed our house for sale on March 29th and by the end of the next day we had two offers that exceeded our asking price. This was such a blessing, seeing as I had no idea how I was going to keep our house show ready for weeks on end. We were thrilled to accept the offer of a darling family we know and who will love our house as much as we have.
As I stood in our empty house for the last time I couldn't hold back the tears.
It was a great house and I will miss it.
| Our family's last time at the house. |














1 comment:
I loved that house, too. You guys made it so beautiful. I really hope Omaha is treating you well! I know it can't be super easy, but hopefully it's as good as it can be!
Post a Comment