Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ellie's Quiet Book

 First up is Ellie's Quiet Book! 
I have to mention that after we swapped pages I did go through and modify some of the pages to make them better fit a specific child's book and/or development level. 
With Ellie's book specifically I tried to fill it with the pages that were most appropriate for her understanding that we don't know if or when she will be capable of doing some of the skills, but she should still be able to enjoy the pages.

 She already loves to grab and shake the beads.

Barn Spread
by: Brooke Christensen
Inspired by: Jocelyn's Quiet Book
 This page is incredible. Brooke used all premium felt and everything is sewn on. There were no corners cut and no detail spared on this page. Ellie already loves looking at all the animal puppets.


 I plan to add different textures to Ellie's flowers so that it can be more of a texture page for here since her stiff little fingers aren't going to be buttoning and unbuttoning anytime in the the next few years. 
The hair acts as more of a grabbing/texture page.

 Hopefully she will eventually enjoy driving the little cars around.

Match the Socks
by: Heather Pahulu
Pattern from: Imagine Our Life
 Is this not the cutest page ever!! You open the dryer door and take out the socks and find the match. They stick together with magnets. Heather did an amazing job with all of the hand stitching on this page.

Shape Memory Game 
(modified into a Shape matching page by me)
by: Erin Rigby
Inspired by: U Create
 This shape page was actually a 2  page spread shape memory game that I really liked.  I really wanted Ellie to have a shape page in her book but knew a memory game will not be within her capabilities so I modified the page by sewing one shape to the page with a magnet behind it and sewed a magnet into the matching  pieces turning it into a shape matching page. The pieces are easy for her to grab and hopefully one day it will help her learn her shapes.

Mr. Potato Head Spread
by: Shellee Salmon
Pattern from: Jocelyn's Quiet Book
 Who doesn't love playing with a potato head. Plus, a great way to learn eyes, ears, mouth, and nose identification.

Ellie loves the puppets.

There is book one. Stay tuned for another book tomorrow.

No comments: