Wednesday, October 16, 2013

5 months

This little one is 5 months old today.
A couple weeks ago we were able to spend the afternoon with my friend and coworker Rachel Lark, of Rachel Lark Photography, and her darling baby boy. Remember the awesome family pictures she took for us last December? It was so fun catching up with Rachel since the last time we saw each other we were both super pregnant. The plan was to take some pictures of Ellie, but as usual Ellie revolted against the plan and was being a grumpy gus (Scott insists it was because he wasn't there to make her smile. It's true that she always smiles for him.). Good thing Rachel is super patient and just waited until Ellie fell asleep and then snapped these gems. Thanks Rach!
"Not funny, Mom. Where's Dad?"


Love those long lashes and hair!

The toenails Brynn insisted we paint for Ellie.
Thank you to Ellie's Build-a-Bear for letting us use her skirt :)

Speaking of coworkers, have I mentioned that I started back at work a few weeks ago? Right now I'm just picking up shifts here and there while we figure out how to best make this work. I have mixed feelings about it, but it is necessary since someone has to pay the bills. If only I could figure out a way to get paid to be Ellie's nurse rather than having to go take care of other trach patients to get a paycheck. Oh well, it is fun to see all my friends again and I do genuinely love my job.


5 comments:

Becky and Jeff said...

Adorable pictures!! I love her hair! and her toenails look fabulous, so cute. great idea Brynn :) I can't believe it has been 5 months! Crazy! I miss you guys like crazy. i want to hold ellie every time I see a picture of her.

Marilyn J said...

Oh, but you are getting "paid" richly for your service, love, and care of this precious baby. You are definitely chosen. . .

Steve, Jenna, Isla, Ivy and Weston said...

Wow. No joke about those lashes! I wouldn't mind a set of those myself:) Such a pretty girl, these pictures are amazing!

Whitney said...

Just precious! Love you all!

Lissy Sarvela said...

She looks like she's starting to chunk out a little. I love it. She's a beaut.