Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lego Maniac

Mason turned 6 on April 25th. I love birthdays and usually can't stop myself from going a little overboard, but this year with everything we have going on (i.e. Scott's finals, baby due soon, packing up house, moving to Omaha to name a few) we kept things pretty simple.  Mason couldn't decide between a Ninjago, Chima, or Lego Star Wars party, so we decided to include them all in a Lego party. This kid is the definition of a Lego maniac. 
I found a cake idea on pinterest, but had to improvise a little when I didn't start decorating until 45 minutes before his party. All Mason cared about was putting his favorite lego guys all over it.
Mason just invited a few of his closest friends this year. We started off with a Lego building contest.
Claire Kidd, Mason, Brynn, Cache McCann, Preston Whitaker, Mac Christiansen.
We awarded them each with awards like cutest, biggest, fastest, most durable, etc. With their award they each received a Lego Star Wars light saber aka bubblewand.
Then we headed outside where we had the bounce house set up and the kids ran around playing until we had to drag them inside for pizza, cake, and ice cream. It wasn't anything fancy, but the kids all seemed to have a great time. 


Obviously the many Lego sets Mason got were all favorites.  Mason has been asking if we can get a real basketball hoop at our house.  We really want to get one, but since we're moving away this summer and then will be moving for good in a year, we decided we wouldn't be able to get a whole lot of use out of it now.  So we got Mason a little hoop to hang on doors.  I love this picture because it catches his "victory dance" he does whenever he is really excited about something. 
Happy Birthday to my Lego Maniac!

1 comment:

The Kynastons said...

Happy Birthday, mason! I can't believe you have a six-year-old, Rach. Seriously, when did that happen?!?! I hope you are surviving the craziness of pregnancy/packing/etc. right now! If it would ever help I'd love to come pack a couple boxes or clean a bathroom or something for you!