This seems to be Brynn's motto these days. We hear these words what feels like 100 times a day. It is usually accompanied by folded arms and a foot stomp to emphasize her point.
getting dressed -- "I do My-Self!"
combing hair -- "I do My-Self!"
stirring chocolate milk -- "I do My-Self!"
mom trying to hold hands in parking lot -- "I do My-Self!"
getting in and out of car -- "I do My-Self!"
buckling her car seat -- "I do My-Self!"
Potty Training -- "I do My-Self!
and that's just what she did.
For several months, Brynn has been taking her diaper off randomly throughout the day and going potty on the toilet by herself. Then several weeks ago it became nearly impossible to keep a diaper on her so we changed to pull-ups. She started going potty more and I began to notice that she would keep her pull up dry for a good part of the day without any prompting from me. I knew she was ready to potty train but was dragging my feet until one day Scott took the kids over to his parents' house in Orem that they are getting ready to sell. Scott was busy helping his mom with several projects that involved all the toilets being unhooked from the bathrooms and put in the living room while they worked. Mason came running in stating he needed to go potty. Scott told him he would have to go outside in the backyard because there were no toilets. Mason then informed Scott, "Well, Brynn is using the toilet." And sure enough, she had dropped her britches, climbed up on the toilet sitting in the middle of the living room, and gone potty. When Scott told me this I almost died, and then I decided it was probably time to bite the bullet and get her in underwear.
We went to the store and she picked out Minnie underwear. When I put it on she acted like it was the greatest thing that ever happened to her. I didn't have any real game plan, just figured we'd see how she did. She did great. One accident the first day. Two the second (figuring out the pooping was a little bit of a hiccup). Now one short week later I dare say we are potty trained. We are still using pull ups at night, much to Brynn's dismay, but even then she wakes me up at least once a night to go potty (honestly I wish she'd just stay asleep and pee in the pull up). Everyone who said girls are easier than boys wasn't kidding!
2 comments:
I have to admit, I wish Macie had that same drive in her for potty training. Good job, Brynnie! (And I love the boots with the undies...so stylish!)
So I just need to get some cute underwear and cowgirl boots, and Sunnie will follow suit??
Post a Comment