Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent Calendar

This is our advent calendar this year. Rather than a piece of candy or toy, each day has a piece of paper with a Christmas activity for the day on it. We've only done two days, but so far it's been a huge hit with Brynn and Mason. Here are some of the things we will be doing as we count down the days to Christmas.
Festival of Trees
Building a snowman (will be moved to whatever day we wake up to find snow)
Write a letter to Santa and mail it
Make Gingerbread Houses
Drink Hot Chocolate
Buy a gift for someone else
See Santa and his Reindeer
Act out the Nativity
Learn a new Christmas Song
Go Sledding (once again revolves around snow)
Make a Reindeer Puppet
Go to library and check out Christmas books
Sleep over at Grandpa's house (Grandpa's Sleepover)
Temple Square lights
Make sugar cookies
Watch a Chirstmas movie
Wrap Presents
Drive around and look at lights (probably Thanksgiving Point & Spanish Fork light shows)
and of course the 24th reads: Put out cookies and milk for Santa.
I wanted to share this idea with all my friends who love doing activities with their kids like I do. I meant to post this before December started, but as you can see it's 2am on December 3 and this is the first chance I've had. To say I have been burnig my candle at both ends would be an understatement, but that's Christmas time for you.
I still don't think it would be too late to start, so start yours today.
I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas Season as much as we are.

6 comments:

Ali said...

such a cute idea for little kids!

The Merrills said...

That is the cutest idea EVER! I love it! I'm totally adopting it next year!

The Bell Bunch said...

THanks for sharing. We will get ours up and going this weekend. Your awesome.

Karli

The Kynastons said...

LOVE this! I'm with Karalee - I will be using this idea next year for sure!

Unknown said...

Great idea!! This is definitely going to be a family tradition of ours. All of the activities sound so fun. Thanks for sharing.

Amazing story about Brynn actually liking nursery! I thought that was unheard of. When I have helped out in the nursery new kids usually scream the whole time until we take them to their mom. Or their mom stays in the nursery the whole time.

Justin and Coralie said...

That's what we're trying to do too. Haha. thus, we meet at Thanksgiving Point! It was so fun to see y'all :) Your kiddos are so cute! Enjoy the Christmas season!