Thursday, August 13, 2009

Allred Reunion

Between all the weddings, having a baby, and everything else we've done this summer we were able to sneak in a family vacation to California. We went to Laguna Hills for the Allred family reunion (my mom's family). When we first heard about the reunion we weren't sure if we would be able to go with me being due just 3 weeks before, but when Brynn came 2 weeks early we said what the heck and packed our bags. We were not about to attempt a 12 hour drive with feeding stops every 3 hours and a baby who hates her car seat, so we flew. This was Mason's second time flying, but he was too young to remember the first time. He was so excited to fly on a "Huge Hairpain". We flew into Longbeach airport, which is a little on the ghetto side, but Mason loved that we got to walk outside right next to the airplanes. I figured with Brynn only being 5 weeks that she would just sleep the entire flight, but I must have forgotten she is the newborn that doesn't sleep. She was an angel the whole flight, but just starred at me the whole time. The reunion included a day at Disneyland (I'll save that for a seperate post), a day at the beach, and lots of time at my aunt Janet's house swimming, eating, and getting reaquainted with each other. You see, we were very close with our cousins all growing up, practically siblings, but now that most of us are married and having kids and living all over the place we don't see very much of each other. It's amazing how when we get together all the boys immediately turn 10 years old again and entertain us all. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of all the fun we had at the house. Our trip to the beach was fun because it was Mason's first time to the ocean. It was Brynn's first time too but she just didn't seem to get as excited about it. It was a red flag day meaning we couldn't go in the water at all because the waves were really big. The kids were all happy enough just to play in the sand, so we'll save playing in the waves for our next trip to the beach.

Here we are at the ocean (Brynn was sleeping in her car seat). This was as close to playing in the waves we were able to get. Mason had such a good time playing with Grandpa Val the entire trip. He even got to sleep in Grandma and Grandpa's hotel room. I just love this picture. Mason and Kennedy just love playing together. Mason, Cannon, Kennedy, Rachel, and Allie digging in the sand. If you couldn't tell Allie wasn't a fan of the sand.


I just want to tell my Grandparents how much I love them and thanks for making such a fun trip possible. I'm so glad Mason has such a great relationship with his Pooky and Papa. Also a huge thanks to my parents for all of their help. You guys are the best.

2 comments:

The Kynastons said...

I love the picture of Brynn on the airplane! So hilarious and cute! :)

Stacie said...

How fun! I had no idea you guys were going. So, we have the same diaper bag, too! Where did you find a hat little enough for Brynn? I keep looking without success. What an awesome trip.