Sunday, August 17, 2008

We're Back!

Some concern has been expressed over my disappearance from the blogging world for the past few months. So, my apologies for everyone who continued to check my blog (if there are any of you left) and are sick of seeing our bright pink backdrop and Mason's screaming face. We have been enjoying every second of our summer and with all that fun, who has time to blog about it? It has been so long and we have done so much I felt like I needed to do some type of catch-up blog.....but I don't want to, so I am just going to re-enter the blogging world with a simple, random post.
Every couple has their "thing" that they love to do together. For some people it's a certain show they always watch together, others it's a sport they enjoy playing together, for Scott and I it is going out to eat. Even when we were newlyweds and pinching pennies, we would find ways to go out to eat because it's something we love to do. Now that we are parents this joy of eating out as a family has been ripped from our lives. For all of you parents out there you know what it is like to go out to eat with a 1-year-old.....not pleasant. We have just given up trying to take Mason out to eat with us (Thanks to Grandma Nancy we still manage to go out with just the two of us quite a bit). This week we went to a cute little restaurant that is made for young families. It is called Max & Cheese and is located at about 1600 N. State Street in Orem. It was great!! They have a kids menu that has all your kids favorites like PB&J, Grilled Cheese, Corndog, Mac and Cheese, etc. They also have an adult menu of sandwiches, wraps, and salads that were surprisingly good. They even offer to replace your child's food with a PB&J if they don't like what you order. They have a toy area for the kids to play in that was really fun. It kept Mason, Cannon, and Kennedy totally entertained and I didn't worry about Mason walking away with some disease because it was clean. We spent 1 1/2 hours there and we did not experience any screaming, crying, throwing, or unhappiness at all. All the kids loved their food and actually ate better than they do ate home.

I would recommend that everyone with little ones tries out this place at least once. I was thinking this would be such a fun place to go with a group of moms and kids for lunch one day. If anyone is interested let me know.

9 comments:

abbyjane said...

I'm interested. For me, that's as far as i can get.

What a novel idea! It was mine, you know.

ty and megs said...

we went there while i was home and mckinlay loved it too! i so wish we had one in boston! i could see us eating there every day in the winter time. :)
i glad i got to meet mason while we were home, but sad i missed you! mason is a doll!

Melanie said...

That place looks awesome!! Seriously what a great idea! Paige is nearing 6 months and is already very wiggly and impossible to eat out with. :) I can only imagine what she will be like at 1 year old! We would totally go out there with you some time, just let me know! I miss seeing ya!

P.S. Welcome back to the blog! I do check your blog so I am excited that you are back. :)

Jeremy and Janessa said...

Yeah! You are alive! We are one of those people checking your blog here and there and were getting worried that you said heck to this blogging stuff and we really enjoy hearing about our families lives so we are glad to have you back in! We know how the summer goes,I haven't blogged as much as I use to. Love the new background! We love to go out to eat also and so far have had little problem with Kayla (we just keep her locked up in her car seat! She doesn't seem to mind; we're so bad.) but give it a couple months and we will be wishing we were in Utah with a restuarant like this! Sounds fun! We'll have to check it out when we're up next.

Thurston Fam said...

ok rach, it finally let me look at your blog! yeah. Mason is growing so fast! wow! what a cutie!

The Kynastons said...

Good to have you back Rach :) I didn't blog for about a month, either...such a busy summer! What all have you guys been up to? How's Mason doing? That restaurant sounds great - someday when we've got kids we'll definitely have to try it out!

leslie said...

so glad you're back! that place sounds fun. we're coming up your way this weekend, maybe we can hook up?.

Melissa said...

So what is your favorite place to eat? How is work going. I am working at Timp. It is fun.

L Murray said...

Enjoyed seeing your blog updates. Great job! It'd be fun to do lunch at Max and Cheese on a Tuesday or Thursday sometime. Linda