Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rachel Hale

As I previously mentioned, my brother and his wife are going to name their daughter Rachel Faye Hale. She will be the 9th generation of Rachel Hale. There has been a Rachel Hale on this earth in an unbroken string since 1767--241 years. Rachel Johnson married Eliphalet Hale in 1767 to start it all off. Their son, Solomon, named one of his daughters Rachel. Since then, a brother in each generation has named a daughter Rachel. There are currently 3 generations of Rachel Hale's alive: me, my aunt Rachel Hale Gonzalez, and my great aunt Rachel Hale Cunningham and when little Rachel Faye gets here there will be 4 generations alive. Here is a list my dad put together for us.

1. Rachel Johnson Hale (1744-1821)

2. Rachel Johnson Hale Savory (1798-1880)

3. Rachel Johnson Savory Hale Hoagland (1829-1854)

4. Rachel Susan Hale Clark (1857-1935)

5. Rachel Louisa Hale Tuttle (1891-1986)

6. Rachel Hale Christensen Cunningham (1927-present)

7. Rachel Kay Hale Gonzalez (1959-present)

8. Rachel Elizabeth Hale Murray (1985-present)

9. Rachel Faye Hale (2008)

I am very pround to be a part of this great legacy. I try to lead my life in a way that would make these women proud to have me carry their name. I am also so happy Brandon and Whitney have decided to carry on the name.

No comments: